Key Stage 5
Toot Hill Sixth Form College has general entry requirements which all students must meet in order to study here. For the academic year commencing in 2021, these are at least a grade 4 in GCSE English Language and a grade 4 in GCSE Mathematics.
There are also subject-specific entry requirements which students must meet in order to study particular courses; these are outlined in the Sixth Form College Course Guide. The courses offered by the college are listed below.
A Level Courses
- Art and Design
- Drama and Theatre
- English Combined
- English Language
- English Literature
- Government and Politics
- Further Mathematics
- Media Studies
- Philosophy and Ethics
- Physical Education
- Product Design
- Cambridge Technical Business (Single Award)
- Cambridge Technical Business (Double Award)
- Cambridge Technical Health and Social Care
- BTEC Information Technology (Single Award)
- BTEC Applied Science (Double Award)
- BTEC Sport (Single Award)
- BTEC Sport (Double Award)
- BTEC Travel & Tourism
- BTEC Engineering
- WJEC Diploma Food Science and Nutrition
In addition to the courses presented here, students are presented with a wealth of enrichment opportunities including:
- Extended Project Qualification
Well-respected and recommended by top universities, College students at Toot Hill College are offered the opportunity to research and write a 5,000 word project on a topic of their choice.
- Core Maths
- Silver and Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award (D of E)
- Toot Hill College Passport
A unique Toot Hill College programme that accredits students for 100 hours of volunteering in the school and local community
- Students’ Union (Senior Prefects)
An active Students’ Union enables greater autonomy for students in the creation of a ‘higher education’ ethos and provides opportunities for consultation regarding key college decisions.
- World Challenge
Students complete a two week expedition abroad as a team, including a community project, a challenging trek and a sight-seeing element.
- Return of UKMT Maths Challenge
Senior challenge on Wednesday 10th November 2021 (Mathematics - 15/10/2021)
- Ada Lovelace Day: Year 8 Girls in STEM morning - Tuesday 12th October
24 places available to year 8 and 9 girls to participate in a STEM session on Tuesday (STEM Pathways - 06/10/2021)
- Big Draw Competition 2021
Starts: 1st October Ends: 1st of November (Learning Lounge - 04/10/2021)
- Are you a Toot Hill Reader?
A brand new reading challenge! (Learning Lounge - 28/09/2021)
- Footpath Closure
Closure of footpath between The Banks and the Leisure Centre car park (Whole School - 24/09/2021)