Welcome to the Philosophy & Ethics Department
- Ms. S. Docherty - Performance Director
- Mrs. L. Munro - Classroom teacher
Our vision is to provide a relevant curriculum across all key stages that pupils will engage with and which will develop their higher order thinking skills. We aim to promote community cohesion and provide pupils with opportunities to explore diversity of thought, develop their own opinions on key issues and evaluate different points of view.
Religious education contributes to the three statutory aims of the National Curriculum. It enables all children and young people to become:
- successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve
- confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives
- responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society.
Use the links on the left to access the various pages in this section. Here you will find a whole host of information including:
- Revision materials for GCSE and A Level
- Course information
- Details of our exciting trips to The Holocaust Centre, York Minster and Cambridge University
|Wednesday 29th November 2017 until Thursday 30th November 2017||Y10 Trip to York|
|Wednesday 31st January 2018||Y8 Beth Shalom Trip|