Duke of Edinburgh Award
DofE is an internationally recognized personal development program, which is a great addition to any young person’s C.V. The experiences pupils gain and the transferrable skills they learn sit perfectly alongside a strong academic profile and can help them stand out from the crowd and be successful in university, college, apprenticeship and employment applications.
Toot Hill School has a thriving DofE community with pupils able to the complete the full DofE pathway during their time at here – from Bronze in Year 9, through Silver in Year 10 and onto Gold in Year 12/13.
DofE Strategy and Pathway at Toot Hill School
Year 9: Bronze DofE Award
Bronze DofE launches in the September of Year 9 and expeditions are completed later that year during the summer months. Pupils are encouraged to graduate in the Summer of Year 9 so they are ready to begin Silver in Year 10 if they wish.
Year 10: Silver DofE Award
Silver DofE launches in the September of Year 10. During Year 10 pupils complete their volunteering, physical and skill activities. They undertake their qualifying expedition in July of Year 10 and the majority graduate before the summer holidays. This means that Year 11 is clear for an academic focus. Pupils who graduate with the Silver Award are then ready to begin the Gold Award in Year 12.
Year 11: The focus will be on GCSE Examinations
Year 12/13: Gold DofE
Gold DofE is launches in October of Year 12/13 and students will be supported to find an expedition from a DofE Approved Activity Provider (AAP). We recommend the expedition and residential trip take place during the summer of Year 12. This means it is possible for the activities, expeditions and residential trip to be completed by the Autumn term of Year 12, hence meaning it can be included on student's UCAS forms for University. Some students may prefer to undertake the expeditions or residential after their A-Levels at the end of Year 13 and this too is perfectly acceptable, although on this timescale achievement of the Award cannot be added to students UCAS form.
And beyond! A young person can complete their DofE award at any point up until their 25th birthday so opportunities may exist in the future for pupils to complete their award at University or within a community organization.
- Web: www.dofe.org
- eDofE: www.edofe.org/login (use this to administer all aspects of your DofE Award)
- eDofE App Download: https://www.dofe.org/app/ (download the app here)
- eDofE Technical Support: 01753 727 426
- Gold Expeditions (suggested):
- DofE Opportunity Finder: www.dofe.org/opportunity-finder/ (use this to find Gold DofE expeditions with Approved Activity Providers)
- Notts County Council (NCC) Gold DofE Open Group: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notts County Council (NCC) Bronze/Silver/Gold Expedition Opportunities 2023 - click here
- WayAhead Training Open Group: wayahead-training.co.uk/
Toot Hill School Contacts
- General: email@example.com
- Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PP/FSM: TBC
- Bronze and Silver Expeditions: email@example.com
Toot Hill Letters, Presentations & Videos
Toot Hill Presentations
Helpful DofE Downloads
- Electronic Assessors Report (send this to your assessor when you have finished your activity)
- Paper Assessor's Report (give this to your assessor when you have finished your activity)
- Activity Log
(use this to keep a log of your activities, then photograph & upload it to eDofE as evidence of your achievements)
- Ideas for Volunteering Activities
- Ideas for Physical Activities
- Ideas for Skill Activities
- DofE Kit List
- A guide for parents, guardians and carers
- A guide for parents, guardians and carers of young people with additional needs
- 5 ways to support your child with their DofE
How to use eDofE
- Coming soon.....
- Belvoir Castle Park Run: Jacqui 07885 403 435 www.parkrun.org.uk/belvoircastle/futureroster/
- Bingham Tennis Club or distribution of the 'ButterCross' Magazine.
Contact Lyn on 0787504222721 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gedling Park Run: email@example.com
- Notts Gymnastic Academy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nottingham Community Voluntary & Service (NCVS) https://www.nottinghamcvs.co.uk/volunteering/search-for-opportunities
- The Scholastic Book Fair is Coming to Toot Hill
The Scholastic Book Fair will be in the Learning Lounge from Wednesday 22nd to Tuesday 28th November (Learning Lounge - 13/11/2023)
- Arkwright Engineering Scholarships: An incredible opportunity for year 11s
Launch meeting for anyone interested in finding out more Wednesday 25th October (STEM Pathways - 20/10/2023)
- Ada Lovelace Day 2023: Fantastic STEM workshops were a great experience.
A group of year 8 girls with an interest in STEM, travelled to MediCity on the Boots campus. (STEM Pathways - 11/10/2023)
- Arkwright Engineering Scholarship Success!
We are delighted to congratulate Toby Board on securing this prestigious award. (STEM Pathways - 21/09/2023)
- What a great STEM Trip for year 7: National Space Centre - Wednesday 19th July
Such a positive day for year 7s to both enjoy and gain an insight into STEM applications (STEM Pathways - 20/07/2023)