Please note that school reception hours are:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
- Friday: 8.00 am to 3.00 pm
Absences - A Guide for Parents
Download the Absence process document.
What do I do if....
- ...I know in advance that my child will be away from school, for example for a dental or doctors appointment?
- Please let us know in advance through a note in your childs Student Planner, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01949 863 063.
- ...I wish to take my child away on holiday during term time?
- The school tries to discourage students from taking any holidays during term time. Parents receive written reminders in September and January. In the event of a request for holiday leave, a form can be completed and given to student services. This has to be ratified by the Headteacher, who has sole discretion in the matter.
- ...My son/daughter is away from school and no prior notice has been given?
- Please telephone Student Services before 9.30am confirm the absence. After this time, Student Services will make contact to establish the reason why your child is absent.
Please help us to minimise this administrative work by explaining absence on the first morning of the first day, or if you know of a future absence then please advise your child's tutor either by a letter or a note in the Student Planner.
Leave of Absence Form
The school tries to discourage students from taking any holidays during term time. In the event of a request for holiday leave, a form can be completed and given to student services. This has to be ratified by the Headteacher, who has sole discretion in the matter.
Download the Leave of Absence form [PDF].
Parents can help ensure that the school has accurate contact details by informing the school if there are any changes to phone numbers etc. during the year. Please complete a Contact Information Sheet and return to the school office.
Download the Contact Information Sheet [PDF].
Medical Update Form
Download the Medical Update Form [PDF].
Educational Visit Documentation
Please complete form EV4 each time your child goes on a visit organised by the school.
School Privacy Notice and Related Documents
- School Privacy Notice (updated May 2017)
- Connexions: Your Information
Connexions Nottinghamshire is the advice, guidance and support service for all young people aged 13 to 19 in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham. Personal Advisers are linked with our school and can offer advice on education, careers, jobs and any personal issue affecting a young person.
- Scholastic Book Fair 2018 is coming to the Learning Lounge!
Books, Posters, Stationery... (Learning Lounge - 15/02/2018)
- Autism East Midlands
8 Week Sibling Support Course Next Year (Learning Support - 13/02/2018)
- World Book Day Display
The best display ever created! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- Bali Rai visits the Learning Lounge
Writing workshop success! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (STEM Pathways - 12/02/2018)