Please note that school reception hours are:
- Monday to Thursday: 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
- Friday: 8.00 am to 3.00 pm
Parents can make online payments for the canteen cashless system, trips, revision guides etc. via the Scopay system: http://www.scopay.com/toothill.
For login details, please contact the Finance Office via the contact form.
WHAT IS STUDENT SERVICES?
Student Services is the place to go if you feel unwell, have forgotten something or need to phone home whilst you are at school, they also run our attendance procedures and it is them that need to know if your child won't be attending school. Click here to view their presentation about what they do, how they can help and how to contact them.
Absences - A Guide for Parents
Please read the letter from our School Leader, Jen Gray, regarding attendance by clicking here.
What do I do if....
- ...I know in advance that my child will be away from school, for example for a dental or doctors appointment?
- Please let us know in advance through a note in your child's Student Planner, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01949 863 063.
- ...I wish to take my child away on holiday during term time?
- The school tries to discourage students from taking any holidays during term time. Parents receive written reminders in September and January. In the event of a request for holiday leave, a form can be completed and given to student services. This has to be ratified by the Headteacher, who has sole discretion in the matter.
- ...My son/daughter is away from school and no prior notice has been given?
- Please telephone Student Services before 9.30am to confirm the absence. After this time, Student Services will make contact to establish the reason why your child is absent as per our absence process, detailed here.
- Please help us to minimise this administrative work by explaining absence on the first morning of the first day, or if you know of a future absence then please advise your child's tutor either by a letter or a note in the Student Planner.
Leave of Absence Form
The school tries to discourage students from taking any holidays during term time. In the event of a request for holiday leave, a form can be completed and given to student services. This has to be ratified by the Headteacher, who has sole discretion in the matter.
Download the Leave of Absence form [PDF].
Parents can help ensure that the school has accurate contact details by informing the school if there are any changes to phone numbers etc. during the year. Please complete a Contact Information Sheet and return to the school office.
Download the Contact Information Sheet [PDF].
Medical Update Form
Download the Medical Update Form [PDF].
If your child is bringing medicine into school we will need to have a completed Student Medication Form.
If your child requires a medical care plan this documentation will need to be completed.
Educational Visit Documentation
Please complete form EV4 each time your child goes on a visit organised by the school.
School Privacy Notice and Related Documents
- School Privacy Notice (updated May 2017)
- Connexions: Your Information
Connexions Nottinghamshire is the advice, guidance and support service for all young people aged 13 to 19 in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham. Personal Advisers are linked with our school and can offer advice on education, careers, jobs and any personal issue affecting a young person.
- British Science Week: 4 Day STEM Challenge - Final Task!
The final STEM challenge to do before Thursday for a chance to win a micro:bit coding computer! (STEM Pathways - 10/03/2021)
- British Science Week: 4 Day STEM Challenge - Tasks 2 & 3
The next 2 STEM challenges to do before Thursday for a chance to win a micro:bit coding computer! (STEM Pathways - 09/03/2021)
- British Science Week: 4 Day STEM Challnege
Complete 4 STEM challenges before Thursday for a chance to win a micro:bit coding computer! (STEM Pathways - 05/03/2021)
- Rolls Royce #LetFlyChallenge for at home during Lockdown
Prizes to be won for filming the flight of your paper aeroplanes. But be quick! Deadline 12/02/21 (STEM Pathways - 08/02/2021)
- Toot Hill STEM: Lockdown update - Jan 2021
Just because we're not on site, doesn't mean there are no STEM opportunities! #STEM #STEMeducation (STEM Pathways - 20/01/2021)