Choosing the right secondary school for your child is one of the most important decisions a parent/carer has to make. You want to be sure that your child will be happy and supported whilst being challenged to achieve their very best.
At Toot Hill School we have an outstanding track record of pupil care and achievement. It is that track record, and the testimony of our students, parents and staff, that makes applying for Toot Hill School a great choice for your child.
A warm welcome
We understand that the transition from Primary to Secondary education can be both an exciting and a challenging process for both pupils and parents.
Our transition arrangements are carefully planned to ensure that students are ready for a successful and enjoyable Year 7. Arrangements start in Year 5 and build up to a full school visit in the summer term of Year 6.
If you have any questions regarding transition, at any stage of the process, please do not hesitate to ask. Our staff are always available to answer questions at the various events or you can e-mail the school at any time. Toot Hill School is increasingly popular and has become the school of first choice for students from a wide range of primary schools. As well as visiting our linked primary schools we regularly run information evenings for out-of-catchment parents. Details can be found on our school website.
We welcome visits to the school from prospective parents and students. If you would like to arrange a visit or if you have any questions please contact the school by phone or e-mail.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your child to Toot Hill School.
The Process Explained
- Step One: Summer Term, Year 5
- A member of the Leadership Team will meet prospective parents at their child’s current primary school. A short talk will be followed by a question and answer session.
- Step Two: Autumn Term, Year 6
- Students and parents are invited to an open evening to look around Toot Hill School and meet members of staff in all the teaching departments.
- Step Three: Spring Term, Year 6
- Data will be collected from the primary feeder schools to help arrange admissions.
- Step Four: Summer Term, Year 6
- A member of the Pastoral Team and the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENDCo) will visit primary schools to talk to students and staff.
- Step Five: Summer Term, Year 6
- Year 6 students will visit Toot Hill School with their classmates for a ‘Taster Day’ to allow them to familiarise themselves with the school. Students with Special Educational Needs may well have additional visits.
How to apply
Applying for your place at Toot Hill School couldn’t be easier. All applications should be made through the standard Local Authority process and places will be allocated in the spring of Year 6.
For more information on applying for a place at Toot Hill School visit our dedicated Admissions page.