"Extended Study is an opportunity to participate in a greater variety of enrichment and academic support sessions."
Extended study starts Monday 17th April and will run until Friday 19th May.
What does Extended Study look like?
- 3.15pm-4.15pm (Tuesday-Thursday, although a small number of sessions may run on Mondays and Fridays)
- Involves all year groups, in every subject
- Extended Study will run every week (except the first/last week of each half term and not during Parents' Evenings)
Staff at Toot Hill are running an Extended Study session that fit into one of the 3 categories below:
Engaging activities that go beyond the curriculum that you are passionate about, enjoy and are interested in—from knitting to debate club.
Are you aiming for a grade 7, 8 or 9 in your GCSEs, or A/A* at A-Level? Then these sessions are for you! Begin learning university-level knowledge now!
These sessions are to develop new skills that you may not necessarily cover in your lessons. The skills you learn will have a lasting impact with you throughout your career. This could range from developing team work skills on the Duke of Edinburgh Award to cooking skills for home.
Please email Miss Middleton (email@example.com) or Mrs Rothwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any queries.
- The Scholastic Book Fair is Coming to Toot Hill
The Scholastic Book Fair will be in the Learning Lounge from Wednesday 22nd to Tuesday 28th November (Learning Lounge - 13/11/2023)
- Arkwright Engineering Scholarships: An incredible opportunity for year 11s
Launch meeting for anyone interested in finding out more Wednesday 25th October (STEM Pathways - 20/10/2023)
- Ada Lovelace Day 2023: Fantastic STEM workshops were a great experience.
A group of year 8 girls with an interest in STEM, travelled to MediCity on the Boots campus. (STEM Pathways - 11/10/2023)
- Arkwright Engineering Scholarship Success!
We are delighted to congratulate Toby Board on securing this prestigious award. (STEM Pathways - 21/09/2023)
- What a great STEM Trip for year 7: National Space Centre - Wednesday 19th July
Such a positive day for year 7s to both enjoy and gain an insight into STEM applications (STEM Pathways - 20/07/2023)