"Extended Study is an opportunity to participate in a greater variety of enrichment and academic support sessions."
Please note that Extended Study is not currently running.
The attached timetables are an example of the sessions we would normally run as part of our Extended Study provision.
What does Extended Study look like?
- 3pm-4.15pm (Monday-Friday)
- Involves ALL Year groups, in EVERY subject
- Extended Study will run every week (except the first/last week of each half term and Parents Evenings)
Staff at Toot Hill are running an Extended Study session that fit into one of the 4 categories below:
Engaging activities that go beyond the curriculum that you are passionate about, enjoy and are interested in—from knitting to debate club.
Are you aiming for a grade 7, 8 or 9 in your GCSEs, or A/A* at A-Level? Then these sessions are for you! Begin learning university-level knowledge now!
KEEP UP NOT CATCH UP
These sessions provide additional opportunities to continue to learn the course content within a subject area. A must to ensure you stay on track.
These sessions are to develop new skills that you may not necessarily cover in your lessons. The skills you learn will have a lasting impact with you throughout your career. This could range from developing team work skills on the Duke of Edinburgh Award to cooking skills for home.
Prep Homework Hall
Prep Hall is a quiet working place you can complete school work/homework with teacher support Monday (3pm-5pm) Tuesday-Thursday (from 4.15pm-5pm).
Extended Study will not be running on the following dates this half term:
- Tuesday 3rd March (Year 8 Parents Evening 2)
- Tuesday 10th March (Year 9 Parents Evening 1)
- Thursday 19th March (Year 9 Parents Evening 2)
Please email Mr Wickens (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any queries.
- British Science Week: 4 Day STEM Challenge - Final Task!
The final STEM challenge to do before Thursday for a chance to win a micro:bit coding computer! (STEM Pathways - 10/03/2021)
- British Science Week: 4 Day STEM Challenge - Tasks 2 & 3
The next 2 STEM challenges to do before Thursday for a chance to win a micro:bit coding computer! (STEM Pathways - 09/03/2021)
- British Science Week: 4 Day STEM Challnege
Complete 4 STEM challenges before Thursday for a chance to win a micro:bit coding computer! (STEM Pathways - 05/03/2021)
- Rolls Royce #LetFlyChallenge for at home during Lockdown
Prizes to be won for filming the flight of your paper aeroplanes. But be quick! Deadline 12/02/21 (STEM Pathways - 08/02/2021)
- Toot Hill STEM: Lockdown update - Jan 2021
Just because we're not on site, doesn't mean there are no STEM opportunities! #STEM #STEMeducation (STEM Pathways - 20/01/2021)