"Extended Study is an opportunity to participate in a greater variety of enrichment and academic support sessions."
What does Extended Study look like?
- 3pm-4.15pm (Monday-Friday)
- Involves ALL Year groups, in EVERY subject
- Extended Study will run every week (except the first/last week of each half term and Parents Evenings)
Staff at Toot Hill are running an Extended Study session that fit into one of the 4 categories below:
Engaging activities that go beyond the curriculum that you are passionate about, enjoy and are interested in—from knitting to debate club.
Are you aiming for a grade 7, 8 or 9 in your GCSEs, or A/A* at A-Level? Then these sessions are for you! Begin learning university-level knowledge now!
KEEP UP NOT CATCH UP
These sessions provide additional opportunities to continue to learn the course content within a subject area. A must to ensure you stay on track.
These sessions are to develop new skills that you may not necessarily cover in your lessons. The skills you learn will have a lasting impact with you throughout your career. This could range from developing team work skills on the Duke of Edinburgh Award to cooking skills for home.
Prep Homework Hall
Prep Hall is a quiet working place you can complete school work/homework with teacher support Monday (3pm-5pm) Tuesday-Thursday (from 4.15pm-5pm).
Extended Study will not be running on the following dates this half term:
- Tuesday 14 January (Year 11 Parents Evening 1)
- Wednesday 29 January (Year 11 Parents Evening 2)
Please email Mr Wickens (email@example.com) if you have any queries.
- Dr Andy Clayton and Dr Jenny Clayton
Our students have been lucky enough to hear about the working life of two doctors this half term. (Gifted & Talented - 13/02/2020)
- Scholastic Book Fair is coming to the Learning Lounge
Thursday 27th February to Friday 6th March (Learning Lounge - 10/02/2020)
- Reading Week
Amazing! (Learning Lounge - 07/02/2020)
- Simon James Green visits the Learning Lounge
Author of 'Noah can't even' and 'Alex in Wonderland' (Learning Lounge - 06/02/2020)
- Year 8 Parents Evening - 26th Feb and 3rd March
Learning Support (Learning Support - 06/02/2020)