National Careers Week Activities
National Careers Week happens between the 7th and 12th of March. It is a celebration of careers education in schools and promotes free resources for students and parents to help them engage with their potential pathways.
To celebrate, The Career Team hosted several activities:
- Throughout the week students decorated dream job posters. Staff also joined in this activity!
- The Learning Lounge recorded a podcast based on the importance of careers.
- Year 10 girls took part in a team working workshop delivered by the Army.
- During Thursday Lunch, students had access to their own career stall where they could pick up goodies and have a look at which career paths interested them.
- On Friday, students had the chance to interview their tutors. They were able to find out about their career pathways and ask them advice on decision making.
Even though National Careers Week is over our celebrations are not! Throughout the year, The Career Team hosts many guest speakers and diverse trips. On Monday, The University of Oxford will be talking to Years 10 and 11 and ICT students will be partaking in a workshop led by Computer Scientists titled 'Data in our Lives'.
If you want more information on how to support your child with careers have a read of the free NCW magazine.
- Year 10 Newark College Visit
Year 10 learn more about their future pathways (18/05/2022)
- National Careers Week Activities
How we celebrated. (10/03/2022)
- National Careers Week
A Letter from the Department of Education (09/03/2022)
- Career pathway resources available for parents
Do you want to know how you can support your child? (23/02/2022)
- Toot Hill School Career Fair
Career Fair Success! (20/01/2022)
- Willmott Dixon Celebrates Toot Hill Students
Year 11 designs have found there way onto Willmott Dixon noticeboards (13/01/2022)
- Year 11-13 Careers Networking Fair - 19th January 2022
Booking now available (09/12/2021)
- Year 10 Army Visit
These students got to train with the Army (08/12/2021)
- BBC Good Food Show
Our students got to meet a Bake Off semi-finalist! (03/12/2021)
- Year 11 Careers Day
Building the next generation (29/11/2021)
- Queen's Garden Tea Party
A long-standing member of support staff at Toot Hill was invited to attend the Queen’s garden part (Whole School - 17/06/2022)
- Year 10 Newark College Visit
Year 10 learn more about their future pathways (Careers - 18/05/2022)
- Mark Ballabon - Author Visit
Home: My Life in the Universe (Learning Lounge - 05/05/2022)
- Nottingham Forest in for a Year 10 STEM assembly
Forest are working with Ideagen to promote STEM career pathways. (STEM Pathways - 03/05/2022)
- Year 11 Student leading the way for climate change and green growth
Toot Hill Student Jasmine Adams took part in the YPGGA (Whole School - 30/03/2022)
- STEM Roadshow this Thursday for 200 year 7s
We are delighted that the STEM Roadshow is back and delivering to over half of year 7 students. (STEM Pathways - 29/03/2022)
- Trek to the South Pole
An inspirational story shared to students by Captain Preet (Whole School - 22/03/2022)
- STEM Club goes mobile around the Toot Hill site for British Science week
To celebrate British Science week, STEM club went big and went mobile so all could see what we do. (STEM Pathways - 21/03/2022)
- Toot Hill Army Visit
Our year 10 students have been working with the Armed Forces. (Whole School - 16/03/2022)
- National Careers week 2022
National Careers week has had a fantastic start (Whole School - 16/03/2022)