Admissions arrangements For Year 7 September Intake
Toot Hill School participates in the Nottinghamshire County Council's coordinated scheme for the September Year 7 intake and applications should be made directly to them. For those children who live outside of Nottinghamshire County, parents/carers should apply on a common application form through their 'home' county. The closing date for the coordinated admission scheme is 31 October preceding admission to secondary school. Places are allocated on the National Offer Day: 1st March. More information on the County Council Admissions web page.
- Guidance for Parents/Carers 2019-2020 [PDF]
- Appeals Timetable 2019 [PDF]
- Appeal Form 2019-2020 [DOCX]
- Letter to Parents 2019 [PDF]
- Year 6 Pupil Visit Days 2019 [PDF]
- Uniform Information 2019 [PDF]
- Orientation Morning Letter 2019 [PDF]
- Orientation Morning Activities 2019 [PDF]
- Admissions Policy 2019-2020 [PDF]
- Admissions Policy 2020-2021 [PDF]
- Map of the Catchment Area [PDF]
We organise Primary School and Sixth Form Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Toot Hill family of schools?
We admit children from the following schools:
- Robert Miles Junior
- Langar C of E Primary
- St Peter's C of E Primary, East Bridgford
- Carnarvon Primary
- Flintham Primary
- Orston Primary
- Cropwell Bishop Primary
- Elston All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary
- Archbishop Cranmer C of E Primary, Aslockton
- Gunthorpe C of E Primary
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Toot Hill during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Toot Hill family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the College, provided places are available.
Places in Year 7 at Toot Hill School for September will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Please see links above for appeals information.
Admissions in-year will be processed by Toot Hill School and applications should be made directly to the school. The application form is available to download here and further details of how to apply are available by contacting the admissions team via the contact form. Please be aware that on receipt of your completed Application Form we will be contacting your child's current school for information regarding academic levels, attendance and behaviour.
- Record-breaking GCSE results
GCSE results day 2019 (Whole School - 22/08/2019)
- Another year of great A-Level results
A-Level results day 2019 (College - 15/08/2019)
- Two year 8's saxophonists play their first gig at the E B Village Show
Proud of Genevieve Edwards and Hannah Pearson in year 8, joining the band on sax (Music - 10/07/2019)
- Proud of our new trumpet section at the East Bridgford Village Show
New trumpet section with two year 7's! (Music - 10/07/2019)
- Toot Hill Big Band at the East Bridgford Village Show
The beautiful Lucy fronting the band. (Music - 10/07/2019)