Admissions arrangements For Year 7 September Intake
Toot Hill School participates in the Nottinghamshire County Council's coordinated scheme for the September Year 7 intake and applications should be made directly to them. For those children who live outside of Nottinghamshire County, parents/carers should apply on a common application form through their 'home' county. The closing date for the coordinated admission scheme is 31 October preceding admission to secondary school. Places are allocated on the National Offer Day: 1st March. More information on the County Council Admissions web page.
- Guidance for Parents/Carers 2018-2019 [PDF]
- Appeals Timetable 2018 [PDF]
- Appeal Form [PDF]
- Letter to Parents 2017 [PDF]
- Year 6 Pupil Visit Days 2017 [PDF]
- Orientation Morning 2017 - Letter for pupils from non-feeder schools [PDF]
- Orientation Morning Programme 2017 [PDF]
- Uniform Information 2017 [PDF]
- Admissions Policy 2019-2020 [PDF]
- Map of the Catchment Area [PDF]
We organise Primary School and Sixth Form Open Evenings, when prospective parents and pupils have an opportunity to visit the school. We are also always pleased to show parents and prospective parents around the school during the working day, and to answer any questions you may have. For an appointment, please contact the school office.
Do you attend one of the Toot Hill family of schools?
We admit children from the following schools:
- Robert Miles Junior
- Langar C of E Primary
- St Peter's C of E Primary, East Bridgford
- Carnarvon Primary
- Flintham Primary
- Orston Primary
- Cropwell Bishop Primary
- Elston All Saints Anglican/Methodist Primary
- Archbishop Cranmer C of E Primary, Aslockton
- Gunthorpe C of E Primary
If your child attends one of these schools, we will make all the necessary arrangements for induction. These will include:
- Pre-visits for children to experience lessons at Toot Hill during the summer term before transfer
- Welcome evenings to provide an introduction to tutors and bases, also during the summer term
- A Year 7 parents evening in the term after admission to strengthen the links with tutors and report on how you child has settled in
If you are moving to the area
If you expect to move house, please make contact well in advance. You are welcome to look around the school. We, in turn, will need to request records and meet with you.
If you attend a school outside the Toot Hill family
We also admit pupils from other primary schools and into the College, provided places are available.
Places in Year 7 at Toot Hill School for September will be allocated on 1st March and advised thereafter. Parents have the right to an independent appeals panel if you are not happy with the outcome of your application. Please see links above for appeals information.
Admissions in-year will be processed by Toot Hill School and applications should be made directly to the school. The application form is available to download here and further details of how to apply are available by contacting the admissions team via the contact form. Please be aware that on receipt of your completed Application Form we will be contacting your child's current school for information regarding academic levels, attendance and behaviour.
- Scholastic Book Fair 2018 is coming to the Learning Lounge!
Books, Posters, Stationery... (Learning Lounge - 15/02/2018)
- Autism East Midlands
8 Week Sibling Support Course Next Year (Learning Support - 13/02/2018)
- World Book Day Display
The best display ever created! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- Bali Rai visits the Learning Lounge
Writing workshop success! (Learning Lounge - 12/02/2018)
- The Big Bang Fair STEM Trip: Get your tickets now!
The Year 9 & 10 STEM trip to the Big Bang Fair is on Wednesday 14th March. Only 60 places available! (STEM Pathways - 12/02/2018)