Year 9 Curriculum
Year 9 rotation Lessons
Health, Wellbeing and Relationships
- Healthy Lifestyles: Learn strategies to achieve a balance between work, leisure and exercise. Understand what makes a healthy lifestyle.
- Blood, Organ and Stem Cell Donation: Know the science relating to blood, organ and stem cell donation.
- Pregnancy: Understanding the key facts about pregnancy and that choices available. Know the laws about abortion and the facts around reproductive health
- Intimate Relationships: Understand that all aspects of health can be affected by the choices made in sex and relationships. Know there are a range of strategies for identifying and managing sexual pressure. Know the laws and concepts of harassment, rape and domestic abuse.
- LGBT: Know about diversity in sexual orientations and attractions and how people face discrimination. Understand how to support someone who is facing discrimination and how to seek support.
Year 9 Drop down day
Students in Year 9 have one drop down day in the spring term supporting our students with keeping safe yourself safe and happy
- Contraception and sexual health: This workshop is delivered by our local nurses and sexual health team
- Homelessness: A local charity share their advice and experiences of homelessness, with guest speakers who have been homeless themselves
- Grooming, online safety and unhealthy relationships (Pintsize Theatre Company): An interactive workshop by a local theatre company who use scenarios to demonstrate the concepts of grooming, online safety and unhealthy relationships through decision-making by our students.
- Personal space: Nottinghamshire charity Equation work with our students to understand their personal space, healthy relationships and abuse.
- Prison, A Reality: Students meet with two ex-prison officers who help students dispel false interpretations of prison and consider how making poor decisions will impact long term on themselves and their family
- RAF/ Army/ Navy: Our visitors help students realise the variety of careers available in the military forces.
- First Aid: Students learn life saving skills with completing a primary survey and the recovery position
- LGBT: In this workshop students look at diversity and understand how people face discrimination