Year 10 Curriculum
Year 10 Drop down days
Day 1 - My Future
Our autumn drop down day focuses on careers and preparing students for their future. This day will provide students time to reflect and begin writing their CVs in preparation for the Mock Interview Day in the spring term. We also have additional visitors who will explore career paths with our Year 10 students.
- CV introduction
- Writing a CV
- Careers Focus
- First Aid
- Further support with Careers and planning for the future
Day 2 - Mock Interview Day
Following the preparation from the autumn drop down day and planning in tutor activities, students have a mock interview with our guests from a variety of employment backgrounds. Students come dressed in their business-wear, with their prepared CV, ready to impress our visitors.
Day 3 - Health, Wellbeing and Relationships
Our final PSHE day prepares our students for the challenges that life brings as well as equipping students with wellbeing skills that they can take with them into Year 11.
- Resilience: External visitors, Marking Generation R, speak to our students about being resilient, and share their inspiring stories.
- Exercise: Our visitors deliver a Drumba session to show our students the importance of keeping fit and offer a fun, alternative way to do so.
- Healthy Eating: Students get the opportunity to make their own healthy smoothies and discuss the power of super-foods in our diets
- Relaxing Strategies: Students explore some techniques and activities they can do to relax and switch off
- Positive Mindset: Students discuss the power of a positive mindset and the impact this can have on their own lives
- Relationships: Know the laws around behaviour in relationships, including coercive control. Understand what constitutes as sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- Health: Know the benefits to maintaining a healthy lifestyle including the benefits of regular self-examination and screening
PSHE & Citizenship News
- No recent news stories.