Year 8 Curriculum
The year 8 curriculum has changed this year following feedback from the student voice in 2017. As a result, the curriculum boasts plenty of practical activities and encourages the students to work independently, taking responsibility for their own learning.
The following units of work are studied in Year 8 (one lesson per week):
- Performing: Singing; Drum kit; Ukelele; Keyboard (at least two)
- Composing opportunities: Pop songs; The Blues.
|Drum kit|| |
|The Blues|| |
|Pop Music|| |
- Composition workshop with the Komposit team
Immy Verner creating an inspirational song with our fantastic visiting providers. (31/01/2020)
- Amazing composition workshop for GCSE and A level students!
A fabulous day of composing with 6 professional musicians. (31/01/2020)
- Rising Stars Music Competition
Open to all students at Toot Hill School and Toot Hill College (31/01/2020)
- Winners Toot Hill Battle of The Bands
Well done to the Stinky Monkeys! (14/01/2020)
- Battle of The Bands
Toot Hill Rock Bands battled it out last night! (14/01/2020)