About the 2017 GCSE Media Exam
- Your coursework accounts for 60% of your GCSE and this exam the remaining 40%.
- Section A: Newspapers.
- Section B: Radio News
- The exam is 2 hours and 15 minutes long.
- 15 minutes of this time will be used to study the unseen text(s).
Four questions total 40 marks based on the following key concepts:
- Textual analysis
The creative task(s) where you must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of radio news codes and conventions. The total for this section is also 40 marks.
Examiners will mark positively for:
- Use of media language and theories
- Drawing on examples of your own learning
- A clear focus on audience targeting
- Analysis rather than description
- Detailed thorough and specific responses
- Toot Hill School Reporters meet a BBC Senior Journalist!
Practice News Day - Wednesday 21st January - An Afternoon with BBC Senior Journalist, Hannah Olsson (05/02/2015)
- Class 9V Media - Advertisers watch this space!
Task: To design an advertising campaign for a new fruity drink aimed at a specific target audience. (17/10/2014)